Thread: Upcoming Maui Release

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 469 Posts

Upcoming Maui Release

In line with the upcoming Maui release check out this site with much info on the background of the Maui shows, Rainbow Bridge Radio and video trailers among many other things...

http://belhistory.weebly.com/rainbow-bridge.html

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Upcoming Maui Release

If there's been confirmation that something Maui-related is going to be released I've missed it in the forums. Can someone point me to the thread or repeat the info here? thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skizzle View Post
    If there's been confirmation that something Maui-related is going to be released I've missed it in the forums. Can someone point me to the thread or repeat the info here? thanks!
    There was/is a thread about it...but Janie was featured(18mt) on Songs of Tori Amos(Oct 2016) discussing Tori Amos cover of If 6 was 9...
    she mentions what was coming in 2017 around the 16.30mt mark.

http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...-release-plans
    ---
    I recorded the segment if you want to hear it.
    JH-10-27-16.flac(35 MB)
    https://mega.nz/#!mZMzmRzZ!CzCkbI-26...N-L0083DeSr52E

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does anyone know what on earth is happening with the Maui release?? It's been two years now and nothing. Are they waiting for the 50th Anniversary next year??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCoconut77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Janie first mentioned this on 11 10 16 during an interview with Tori Amos, so it's coming up for 3 years in November. It was supposed to be upcoming releases for 2017. As for what their next release is going to be it's any ones guess, but it sure isn't the younger generation what'll be buying 50 year old music. The Hendrix fans are now reaching pension age or have been on it a few years now, so if Janie holds onto the music some of the people reading this might not be around to hear and see everything.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bald eagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

l dont think that there is anything left to release on the Maui film, as most of it was stolen from the ABC vaults in 1973 along side the filmed voodoo chile slight return from the studio and amongst other stuff. Please prove me wrong.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to themusocat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by themusocat View Post
    l dont think that there is anything left to release on the Maui film, as most of it was stolen from the ABC vaults in 1973 along side the filmed voodoo chile slight return from the studio and amongst other stuff. Please prove me wrong.
    The stolen ABC footage didn't include Maui. It was all the footage from the 1968 filming for the proposed documentary 'Electric Shades of Grey' (probably the most significant loss of all Jimi film and recordings). The additional Maui footage was part of the Mike Jeffery estate I believe. There was an inventory of all the various footage that was boxed up which included a reasonable number of Maui film cans (and Berkeley). I think Alan Douglas end up with some of this but not sure. I've no idea where the outtakes we have from Maui came from. Was it the early 2000s that extra footage showed up online? It would be interesting to know if EH got anything from the AD estate via his daughter. They must have more footage if they were looking to release an updated film and documentary, probably along the lines of Woodstock, IOW and Atlanta. If they could showcase these performances with additional high quality footage minus all the effects and out of sync stuff etc it would be great. Just the audio is the problem that will probably be quite a limiting factor.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pukaha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I love the raw single camera additional footage that circulates. Mike Parkers edit uses some of that footage but not all of it as he mixes in the official footage with parts of the additional footage where appropriate. Both the raw footage and Mike Parkers edit are great additions to Rainbow Bridge and even Strange Day on Maui I find to add something to the Maui show. So there is plenty of Maui besides what has already been releases plus whatever else EH has and I am sure they have more than what circulates too.

EH probably wont use any of the strange day on Maui footage as I think they said they werent interested in that footage not too long ago.

Thanks

And the 50th Anniversary of Maui passes by with ......... nothing.

At least for the 50th of AYE EH did a Curtis Knight release.....

In fairness we did get pretty nice boxsets for ELL and BOG 50ths

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post: