4. the supernatural witch

5. the visual god

6. party people

7. the good guy

Cerebrum 429
    BROOME ST & CROSBY
    I BK. EAST of
    BROADWAY

Story opens on some countryside preferably fields, strange fields – and a Gypsy Arabian timeless tent…
    Camera gets closer …
    Gets inside of tent, shows the building by showing different photos on walk and little statuettes and ornaments inside tent…
    Then music explodes and the rest of the titles are shown without interfering with flick, after titles and credits, shows a little innocent girl watching 3 guys playing music (Mitch, Noel and me) She’s watching from behind a rock or something. Film shows us straight, but through the girl’s eyes, camera shows the music as dragons, then sugar things, then evil things trying to be born…
    but all add to a hidden power being born. All these things she can only see, not even the musicians…
    only her.
    She gets up and runs away — and we end the song after noticing her scampering off and we laugh a little …
    “A little rabbit she is, HA HA.” Then we get serious …
    Discussing the money problem and knowing that we’re good enough to play for money… We start dinner hungry, we catch wild life, fry it Viking style. We are talking about going into town, to jam somewhere to let people hear us, to be famous, we want. So a very exciting race scene into town and our equipment man (Eric) driving a freaked out truck full of our gear (fun scene) should be able to film some really good driving scenes through windy roads…
    Good exciting music…
    Finally arrive at a hotdog joint (a very special joint…) in town and meet Scott the potential visual king. We make friends and he tells us places we could try to play and also try’s to tell us, or get a gig with us doing lights.]
    Scene at night — takes us to a club, or some funky place and shows scene of innocent girl
    With beautiful colored girl, across the street from the club, or at club — the colored girl saying, “Watch my darling, the beginning is at hand.”… or something similar. Then we play and the music sways, etc…
    Until it gets physical with the lights and all – and so very serious and soon people are taking up on this and then…
    The power falls and everything is silent for about 20 seconds then…
    Everybody laughs and then flash to the girl and Witch and saying…
    “It is at hand and you shall be Queen of Earth.” Or something like this

During scene where music hypnotises the people, I want a scene where a girl gets so completely wrapped up in what’s happening, that she tears a shirt off a stranger and without a word they fall to the floor, making love. This happens about 3 or 4 different times, with different people, almost to the point of no return. We will see a long beautiful brown hand reach and turn the power off (from the basement or somewhere). Before this we will show the Witch standing up to leave…
    Right at the heart of the music – anyway…
    The power goes off etc…
    Everyone returns to their approximate location, but still very dazed at the impact. [the group gets the gig – the next day the group remodels the club to their own taste.
    The innocent girl comes to visit and tells the player…
    “Please be careful with your power…
    It could be dangerous for you and for the world.” < approx. He says, “What power…”
    And laughs very heavy. She runs away …
    Far away…
    Music runs with her …
    Taking her different scenes…
    The Sun sets, the Moon appears…
    She feels better, she sings a song…
    The Moon slips through the skies and dances with her…
    The sky dances…
    She is trippingly high…
    So is the sky. The sky makes her feel much better, because she likes the player more and more. They (the sky and her) dance until she falls asleep.

(another day)
    [More scenes…
    the group is the biggest success since air, some girl makes it with the player…
    he digs her…
    before going to work one night
    Everywhere they play…
    The player starts to really want the little girl. She really is very beautiful, young and fresh and she is everywhere where they may be. The player really digs the witch too and makes love to her several times…
    The witch falls hard on him, she falls in real love with him, but doesn’t want him to hurt her innocent friend and also doesn’t want him to have anyone else …
    He travels the world, makes love to the world’s children, they are happy…
    Scenes show the witch is burning inside…
    The innocent girl falls in love with him too…
    He is sick in the head…
    He digs everything, he slightly loses himself in the power and pubic aroma of raw sex and emotional music…
    Music, he is serious…
    Sex, well, who knows where his head’s at. Party scene brings a very strong emotional step in the film…
    *[The timeless scene where a party [at the]
    *[Speakeasy is raided. Flashes of 30’s and late 60’s combine to put today’s police in a silly, but true out look on today’s old fashioned social laws. Anyway where was I…
    Oh, yes a raid. Some people busted, some killed, some excape…
    We excape…
    I excape with the innocent girl, we drive away, laugh and kiss, drive fast through our high heads, through roads, forests, worlds…
    Finally to a deserted place. Set must be set very carefully, beauty and ugliness combined.
    I want the girl very badly, I show her I love her through my music – she indicates, “What about my mother, or guardian?” I say, “Fuck her, it’s you and me.” And I have never been more serious - We must capture this scene to the fullest – We stop, she runs off laughing into the dark and I find her on a beautiful cross and we have no clothes – or something resembling this…
    Maybe a buck and a doe. Then change to a stallion and mare and other comparisons. The innocent girl screams, “Taste my world, my body, my soul!”…
    I am about to go down on her and make love to her, then the witch in all the hell of fire and jealousy comes from nowhere into shocking view. The witch…
    The witch, the witch is here – Not to be said, but to be seen. Cameras Really do your thing!
    The witch explains that I am fucked up in the head, I am lost…
    I argue back. Visual and sound shall do their utmost to get this across to the audience. Can you dig what I’m trying to say?...
    He He He, this is going to be outa-site. Let’s see now, hmm, oh, yes. We have a battle, the witch and I…
    But the witch quite naturally can’t kill me because I am insane almost and plus my power of sound come really and truly to life – I kiss the young girl on the stomach and the witch screams a 1,000 voiced scream, throws off some kind of evil something on me – No it doesn’t quite reach me Ha Ha. My shield of sound is too powerful…
    Her evil spell, or spells bounces ever so pitifully off and out of the way. “Witch you want me and her, for the same as what you throw in my face…”
    I laugh hysterically and throw sound waves on to her, which shakes this Island of Battle to the end and I hurt her so badly and the jolt is so strong that the innocent girl, as she screams, “You are man, I am woman, we are right, never mind her…
    Take me…She is wrong…Etc…Etc…”
    Her cross crumbles from the impact and she tumbles over the side of the cliff, or a reasonable facsimile of what she says takes place …
    She disappears is the main point and the witch screams that I have touched her, not her body. I have fatally wounded her. I cry out, “What have I done?” <(approx) Music at this point shall scourge the audience. The visual shall blind the audience and I run for the falling witch and we make love …
    When we reach the climax, the soul of her screams one final time and she dies. I am shaking. I curse the storm that brewed, I curse everything …
    I curse and curse and I make a pact that I shall take over. Fuck the World and it’s peasants and peons and parasites. With my power etc, etc…
    End of 1st half

*[also there will [be] a scene during the raid where a conversation will take place, such as: *[dig this: A certain policeman will come crashing through the door with his friends, right, as we get ready to jam in the clubs. The police shouts, “Alright you hairlips, this is a raid.” And immediately chops off the head of some poor innocent head – which could be done with some wax figure and very fast camera work – There is confusion all around and blood, there is a T.V. screen in the corner showing a cowboy and Indian movie at the same time and the cop is the same as the cowboy on the screen and as the head tumbles off, the head says – not the body, the rolling head…
    “But we are on private grounds, doing our own thing, we are in our own loving world…” or something of this order. The camera captures all other excitement, girls screaming, confusion and flashes to the T.V. screen and the cowboy says, as he chops the Indian’s head in half, as it rolls, “Yes and I am society and law and order…” <approx. words
    Someone gets blasted in two and meat and blood splatter the camera lens, dripples down the screen and the camera man gets knocked to the side. More sick conversation, more confusion…
    Take one more swig from the acid bottle, grab a few joints from a cop who found some and lit one, just to see if it’s the good shit…
    Bust the bottle over his head, grab the innocent girl by the hair, drag her through the commotion, and into a giant toilet bowl labelled, “Your last chance for miles.” Or “Let yourself go baby!”…

Drinking gin…
    from the bathtub
    the Copa club
    staying on Earth is such a sin
    ribby dibbly doo doo – dum dum dum
    rudy doo – dupee dee
    hip hip hooray for LSD
    we’re floatin’ in heaven
    we’re floatin’ in heaven

Then a bust comes with cops in old cars. Parks up beside Stinkwrays [Stingrays] and new dated cars – cops – old uniforms, axes and clubs breaks in and bust some people, regular old raid scene —:
    Timeless bust sequence, starts off in freak out rock group, playing and feeding back, singing, “We’re floating in heaven,” light show etc. etc. then screen starts turning upside down, slightly breaking into old fashioned, pastel film and the musicians playing the instruments of 30’s. For this 5 minute scene we need : Stars and stripes, for the girls: red lipstick, type blazer, straw hats, but still some people with electric hair, big pot cigarettes, decked out in stripes, ashtrays advertising different brands of pot. Bottles of L.S.D. floating across the counter…
    In other words, the same situation as speakeasys in the 30’s, compared to acid dens of the 60’s – the same thing.
    Last edited by stplsd; 02-21-20 at 09:25 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: MOON DUST - screenplay for music video

I presume Jimi wrote this?

Is there some background story? Its new to me at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 781 Posts

Why is this different from the actual screenplay? https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...6-ab5800d1bb90

Also, why screenplay for music video? It clearly says screenplay for film with a theme and a story and it has at least four difference scenes (A to D).

Is this from a different source?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezy Rider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,718 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ezy Rider View Post
    Why is this different from the actual screenplay? https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...6-ab5800d1bb90

Also, why screenplay for music video? It clearly says screenplay for film with a theme and a story and it has at least four difference scenes (A to D).

Is this from a different source?

Mine is from Jimis actual handwritten notes. The auction typed stuff is of extremely dodgy provenance in my opinion and cannot be reffered to as "the actual", besides it is claimed to be co-authored, which brings into question how much of this is Jimi's? Any more than his existing handwritten notes? And the rest by Eberth? Is it even genuine?.
    Last edited by stplsd; 02-21-20 at 11:11 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 441 Posts

'why screenplay for music video? It clearly says screenplay for film with a theme and a story and it has at least four difference scenes"

+1

Music Video wasn't even a term then

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    'why screenplay for music video?
    Yeah should have put 'screenplay for music video?' instead of just 'screenplay for music video', but that was my interpretation - obviously - it has video and music; now removed "music video".
    Hendrix' handwritten piece, which has been available for many years, doesn't even have a title on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    It clearly says screenplay for film with a theme and a story and it has at least four difference scenes"
    Yeah "IT" ie the very dodgy looking typed auction piece, which has just now turned up many years later (afaik), from the man with the dodgy burnt guitar; could have been "written" by anyone

Did Eberth ("co-author") write all the stuff that's not in Jimi's handwritten piece?? ie most of it Did she even have anything to do with it at all? Maybe it's just a fake by someone else?

Who Knows
    Last edited by stplsd; 02-24-20 at 07:56 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,341 Posts

Provenance: from the collection of 'roadie to the stars' and member of the Hendrix management team Tappy Wright who inherited many of Hendrix's personal effects after the star's UK office (in which Wright worked) was cleared.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    Provenance: from the collection of 'roadie to the stars' and member of the Hendrix management team Tappy Wright who inherited many of Hendrix's personal effects after the star's UK office (in which Wright worked) was cleared.
    ie totally worthless provenance
    Last edited by stplsd; 03-15-20 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 599 Posts

Stoned gibberish whoever wrote it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Stoned gibberish whoever wrote it.
    Jimi wrote the hand written, that is indisputable, and is obviously an initial sketch framework of fun ideas working
    towards a music video/film short, part of the creative process.
    Entertained me. But then some people just don't understand that an artwork doesn't just pop out perfectly
    formed all of a sudden lol. It may go through many trials, rejections, and reincarnations before, if ever that path
    reaches any form of fruition.

The obviously bogus typed up stuff is just more of the relentless barage of shite from these disgusting
    people that have already sold themselves years ago.

Thanks

Note: Kathy Eberth became the wife of Jimi's lawyer Bob Levine. She worked in Mike Jeffrey's office in New York City. It can be assumed that she is the one that typed up the script and that it is her handwriting in green ink on the one page.

Last edited by RobbieRadio; 4 Days Ago at 10:11 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE October 29, 1970

“Last week I was looking at a film script Jimi was working on, and in the margin he had written ‘Don’t raise me up; I am but a messenger.’ That’s definitely the direction he was going in,” Jeffery said.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...4N7gOe8n_Z62EI

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post: