Thread: The MOGGs & Ripping from Rockband

Thanks

The MOGGs & Ripping from Rockband

I have devised a new extraction method that keeps all tracks aligned and in sync throughout. Only tested with "The Beatles: Rock Band" so far but it should work just as well with the Jimi tracks and normal Rockband.
    More information & instructions here: http://www.bootlegzone.com/phpBB3/vi...hp?f=1&t=38129

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hendrixfan1995 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: The MOGGs & Ripping from Rockband

Hi,

Thankyou for your efforts - I look forward to hearing the upgraded files once someone has processed and made them available.

One of the problems with the 5 track ogg files was they jumped from rhythm guitar to lead guitar on the same track sometimes. From what I read in the thread linked above the new files will be 5 stereo pairs. So will this avoid the problem of a single mono track of the stereo pair jumping from rhythm to lead guitar?

cheers,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by machinegun1 View Post
    One of the problems with the 5 track ogg files was they jumped from rhythm guitar to lead guitar on the same track sometimes. From what I read in the thread linked above the new files will be 5 stereo pairs. So will this avoid the problem of a single mono track of the stereo pair jumping from rhythm to lead guitar?
    New extractions won't fix this issue automatically, as these tracks were authored to suit the intended gameplay rather than represent true multitracks. But better encoding quality and perfect sync of the new rips makes it a lot easier to recreate proper, listenable stems from the game files.

Thanks

oh well - still looking forward to the new tracks. It's a lot of fun being able to look at the individual tracks in detail. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to edit the tracks to separate them to have one complete rhythm guitar track. And another with the lead guitar fills. Maybe when the new files are available I'll take some time to do the editing required.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,870 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hendrixfan1995 View Post
    I have devised a new extraction method that keeps all tracks aligned and in sync throughout.
    You mean you've cracked the Rock Band 3 encryption?
    I know RB 1 and RB 2 had been cracked but no one until you has been able to crack the RB3.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    You mean you've cracked the Rock Band 3 encryption?
    I know RB 1 and RB 2 had been cracked but no one until you has been able to crack the RB3.
    No I haven't cracked the encryption. Instead I developed a new method similar but superior to the one used to get the old moggs. I mod the game to play back each track individually and use the "audio dump" feature of the wii dolphin emulator. No drifting out of sync, no extra noise, no extra lossy encoding step. Tutorial with more detailed instructions is on page 4 of the bootlegzone thread linked above.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hendrixfan1995 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

True, decrypted bik files for The Beatles - Rock Band suddenly turned from up out of nowhere at bootlegzone! I'll try contacting the source about rips of Jimi tracks...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hendrixfan1995 For This Useful Post: