Thread: Debbie Toomey

Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 606 Posts

Debbie Toomey

I post in this section as a precaution in case they thread is wilted by conspiracy theorists.
    But - Debbie Toomey, American waitress. Allegedly Jimi stayed "a week" in her "flat" in London in September 1970.
    The info comes from the old Electric Gypsy book, and in fact that seems to be the only source claiming this.
    No other info about Debbie is available on the net or in printed sources as far as I know.
    Strange that she has never come forward.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dino77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,594 Times in 791 Posts

Re: Debbie Toomey

Ask Ceasar!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,429 Times in 2,832 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    in fact that seems to be the only source claiming this.
    No other info about Debbie is available on the net or in printed sources as far as I know.
    Strange that she has never come forward.
    There's stuff about her here already.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 606 Posts

Indeed - there was a thread four years ago. Doesn't seem that we got very far as to who she really were.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,429 Times in 2,832 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Indeed - there was a thread four years ago. Doesn't seem that we got very far as to who she really were.
    Whats the big deal she wasnt a player in his death. She was not involved in his death an clearly no one else was only the girl that shared her barbs wi him.
    He was a big boy, not a fukin child.
    He died on way to hospital after taking a large but not neccessarily fatal (border line, ample tesimony from medical journals I supplied here on CTT - on women who are much more supscetible ) dose of barbs that many have survived but was unlucky as he choked to death on his vomit - the most common cause of death due to barb overdose, Caesar got a totally ignorant doctor who talked shite on that (liver - my fukin arse!), he would hav zip experience coz barb deaths or even prescipts in Uk were zip since many years previous, before he even studied as doc they were almost unknown. Today the paramedics would have been hugely better trained. But the ambulance service in UK was not clued up in those days and she was not that clued either and was likely wacked on barbs too, her testimony was a jumble of trying to defend herself and him about DRUGS in the media a huge thing at the time and just nonsense she babbled (space cadet), she was not the shapest pencil in the box, was she??
    Several 60's stars died similarly before they were taken off the market. Just because someone is famous does not preclude them indulging in risky behaviour.
    Barbs were a popular recreational drug at that time as was Mandarax and wiz pills too none of which are commonly available today, but were dished out like sweeties by gullible docs in the day.
    Jimi was previously so smashed on Mandrax in denmark he could barely play his way thru 2 songs before he staggered off stage. Nothing new. Elvis conked out on legal meds too. and several others or drink eg Bon Scott.
    Jimi was not a threat to anyone politically or financially
    People fuk up. Get over it fffs!
    The earth is round
    Men landed on the moon
    Oswald shot Kennedy on his own
    Sirhan shot kennedy on his own
    wot everis name was shot Lennon
    marilyn Monroe
    Judt Garland
    Al Wilson
    Brian Epstein
    Kurt Cobain
    Micael Jackson
    Frankie lymon
    Paul Kossoff
    Prince
    Amy
    Whitney
    etc etc
    yes I know conspiracies happen but these were clealy not.
    The only conpiracy is for unscupulous or mental paranoid people to make capital out of their untimely deaths (IMHO)
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."