Thread: Isle of Wight new video

Thanks

Isle of Wight new video

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to manic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 483 Posts

Re: Isle of Wight new video

Thanks for the link and while this is definitely different than the 2011 Official Hey Joe camera footage I am not sure he is really even playing Hey Joe after watching this. At a minimum the synch is way off and at a maximum the footage is actually from a different song than Hey Joe.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 868 Posts

Looks like 'Hey Joe' to me....but yeah it has audio synch problems
    it'll fall into synch then out

Thanks

It's definitely Hey Joe. Would love to see this cleaned up and synched properly. Its also a nice camera angle without the face zoom ins which is nice for a change. Would like to know the info about this clip.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mickliz1971 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nice find. This looks to be pro shot. Does anyone know why a chunk of pro shot is missing from the IOW? No Midnight Lightning, Hey Baby, etc. Seeing this Hey Joe clip, I wonder if it's because only cam was running at these points and EH didn't think i could be released commercially?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is lifted from the Blue Wild Angel dvd, the 2011 version. The video on youtube merely zooms in on Jimi and cuts the rest off. I just checked.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoctorGero For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGero View Post
    It is lifted from the Blue Wild Angel dvd, the 2011 version. The video on youtube merely zooms in on Jimi and cuts the rest off. I just checked.
    Dont think so as I checked this as well. The angles are not all the same for sure

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 868 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    Dont think so as I checked this as well. The angles are not all the same for sure

In my opinion....it looks like the video posted is just a 'zoomed in' video capture from the official release
    then brightened.....the same missing footage at the beginning and at the end is there too.
    I can duplicate it using the 'zoom' in VLC on the DVD version and using Replay Video capture to grab the zoomed part...
    the hard part is moving the zoom when the camera starts panning to the left....
    then brighten it using Nero Vision..

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks JLucas I may have to watch again. I swear I saw the camera pan/focus in and out on the new source in a couple of places which was something I did not see on 2011 Blu Ray does not. IF the new one is the same as the 2011 Blu Ray if definitely starts midway through the song and the 2011 Blu Ray starts at the beginning which may also add to the confusion. Honestly not sure whether comparing again is even worth it as the "new" one isn't even synched right either. It may be a while before I bother to do that if at all.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post: